Sunday 28 August 2011

Photoshop?

I'm too much of a chicken to post this on Puricute, so I'm just ranting here since I hardly have any followers. xD

I'm really curious. What's wrong with photoshopping your pictures? A lot of people on Puricute keep thinking "Your picture is photoshopped" as an insult and seem to look down on people who do use it.

Sure, Photoshop might make the picture not look like the real you at all if you go overboard with the editing, but isn't that the same as putting on tons of makeup? What's the difference between editing on fake eyelashes and actually gluing them on? If anything, using Photoshop is more economically beneficial since once you buy the programme, you can keep using it for the rest of your life. Isn't that cheaper than buying all that makeup? Makeup can be bad for your skin if you use it too much for a looong time, so isn't it better to just "put makeup" on a bunch of pixels?

To be honest, I photoshop my photos sometimes (don't hate me~ > <;), but just to add eyeshadow, eyeliner and false eyelashes because I don't have all that stuff in real life. I don't do anything overboard like making my nose smaller, thinning down my face, etc, so my edited photos still look similar to the real me.

I understand that not everyone's good at using Photoshop and why some people still use makeup in real life, but I don't think there's any reason to dislike the people who edit their photos (as long as they don't make themselves look like a complete different person, or changing their actual features rather than enhancing them).

What do you think?

...

-silence-

xD;;

No comments:

Post a Comment