Friday 6 December 2013

Broken.

He told me that he might fall in love with Girl X again if he kept talking to her all the time.

Sigh.

Long story. We had a long talk about it. I stayed up until 5 AM to try and resolve this whole thing. He didn't realise how bad what he said sounded. He said he wanted to limit his closeness with girls because he tends to fall in love with whoever he talks to the most. Is that all I'm worth? Is our relationship so fragile that his feelings would sway just from having a close girl friend? Is our relationship that worthless?

He says no. He tells me he loves me.

But he destroyed my trust in him. How can I trust him whenever he talks to girls now? I'll only be reminded that he could fall in love with each and any girl. To think he gave me so much shit for being insecure when I was right in being so this whole time.

Turns out it was a sort of misunderstanding because he worded it badly. What he meant to say was that he didn't see the point in being close with other girls when he already has me. I don't know how he managed to phrase it so badly without realising how much it could hurt me.

We keep having misunderstandings because of this. :/ He keeps phrasing things badly and making me misunderstand. He doesn't respect me either. Whenever we had arguments without Girl X stepping in as a mediator, it always ended with him telling me to change and that I'm the one at fault, that I'm the one with problems. When I tell him my point of view, he shuts out everything I say. But when Girl X steps in, she explains my feelings to him and he listens to her. He reconsiders everything. When Girl X steps in, we reach a mutual agreement that we both need to make some improvements. He respects her and see her as an equal, taking in her opinions, but he doesn't do the same for me. Why?

At first I was staying in this relationship because I believed the good times made up for the bad. But now I don't know anymore.

3 comments:

  1. You have a right to be mad at him if he's like that! Why should his heart be such a player at falling in love so easily? Maybe he just doesn't know how to control what he feels inside. Maybe he used to be shy around girls before but now that he can talk to them, he wants to play with them? I'm sorry if that puts any wrong images or anything in your head, I don't mean to make you feel worse but maybe he isn't as good as he seems?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, every time I blame my boyfriend for something, he always makes it sound like it's my fault too! And when I try to back myself up for anything, he always thinks of them as excuses or tries to backfire them at me, so I know how that feels. :[

      Delete
    2. He's never had problems talking to girls and has a lot of girl friends. I used to be jealous until he promised me that he'd never feel anything for them and that the one he loves is me. Then turns out his promise was just a lie. :x

      That's horrible! > < Our boyfriends really are similar.

      Delete