Tuesday 1 November 2011

Back in School

So half-term holiday has ended, and I'm now back in school. Not much happened, really, but I feel like blogging.

I broke the skin of my lips yesterday so it hurts to smile. D: I can just imagine the cut on my lips being ripped and stretched apart even more. *cringe*

In art, we're painting self-portraits of ourselves on canvases. It's really fun! I think I'm doing a decent job with my painting so far, and lots of people said that it was amazing. It makes me happy~! ≧ω≦ I'm ahead of everyone so far because a lot of them took a looong time doing the gridding since we were scaling up photographs of ourselves onto a large canvas. A lot of people's drawings turned out to look disproportional and off.

My secret to painting is that I don't follow grids and draw what I see instead. I believe in looking at a whole picture instead of tiny little details. As long as the whole thing looks right, it doesn't matter if your hand is drawn higher than it should be, etc. I always make my paintbrushes rather dry in order to blend the colours well by sweeping it back and forth really quickly - like applying powder onto your face. This is only suitable for painting a large area though. /end artistic rambling

Anyway, I'll see if I can upload a photo of my painting when I've finished it. c:

I also got the results of my Latin test back today and I got 92.5%, which is alright, I guess.

I'm going to rub garlic juice on my face later to get rid of an acne outbreak I have (stupid exams and essays!). It works pretty well! Even though it burns a bit when you put it on, it's tolerable - especially when you know you're improving your looks. Seriously, clear skin makes a huge difference to your appearance.

I was going to write about something more interesting, but I can't remember. Oh well, guess I'll just end here.

2 comments:

  1. I miss painting in art class. I hope to have art class soon after next week where the new semester starts. ;~; I have P.E. right now and I don't really like what we are currently doing (playing basketball in teams)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like what my PE class is doing right now either. I don't have any friends there, and there's so much partner/group work in PE. :c
    I personally quite like basketball, just because I once managed to throw the ball into the hoop outside of the semicircle thing (*doesn't know the technical terms*). It was one of my proudest moments in my entire sports-life. xD

    ReplyDelete