Wednesday 9 November 2011

School updates, and a male me? :D

My self-portrait is finished, but it looks pretty mediocre compared to some other people's. For some reason, I'm getting the feeling that some people are copying me...? I'm painting a photograph of myself making a surprised expression with widened eyes in black and white, and I saw two other people also painting in black and white and their photo was also a surprised face with widened eyes. One of them even painted an eye-shadow-like wing going upwards that was exactly like in my painting's.

I know that 'surprised' isn't an original expression, but did they just have to use the same colour palette as mine? When I look at the self-portraits from last year's art students, only one of them was black and white so I thought that my canvas would stand out more if I did that too. Guess not.

...Or maybe I'm just being too paranoid. :x I had to hand in my artbook yesterday and I haven't finished all of the research and paintings I'm supposed to do. I'm probably going to get a C for it. My fault for not being organised. D:

I should probably blog about something more interesting, but nothing much has happened lately.

I did make a new friend though! :D We started bonding much more after finding out that we both play on the same website - TinierMe. I really like talking to her; I feel like I can be myself and say whatever I want to.

I have another friend on Skype and while it makes me smile to be around her, I feel a bit restricted somehow - as if I have to keep up to certain expectations. I'm not sure why I feel this way.

-

Anyway! On a side note, I photoshopped a picture of myself into a guy a few months ago. :D I've only decided to upload the photo here now because I think my blog would look better with more pictures.

And yes, I know that the picture's tiny; it would look really fake if I made it any bigger. xD The hair is done by tying my own hair up into a ponytail and edited out on Photoshop, and then I drew the rest. (<-- I think the sentence structure here is an epic fail, but I'm not sure how to reword it to make it sound better. *noob*)

The photo is actually from back when I used to edit my pictures like crazy soejr;poweijr, so that's why the eyes look a bit strange (but my pose was so guy-ish here that I just had to choose this one).

All in all, I think I could pass as a girly guy. = w = b

4 comments:

  1. I happened to look like a boy in school last year. Lol and this year some faces I saw didn't recognize me anymore since my hair grew up to my shoulders. My friends will get angry again if I end up looking like a boy again. I just need my bangs trimmed this weekend hopefully.

    Oh and btw, have you tried gaia online? It's like TinierMe. I used to play TinierMe the moment it finally opened for the first time. I actually had fun until I got bored. I still have gaia though xD but i don't go there very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would your friends be angry if you looked like a boy? *confused* @_@

    I have an account on GaiaOnline too, but I don't really go on there anymore. xD All the good items are so expensive on there. x_x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol because they love my hair longer and it's smooth. I promised that I would grow my hair but the ends are so uneven since my boyish hair was layered. I needed a bob hairstyle this time XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete