Sunday 25 December 2011

Winter Depression

I swear that during the winter holidays every year, I've been going through these phases of depression - I just feel like everything is pointless and dreary. Maybe I have Seasonal Affective Disorder.

I can't believe I wasted a week doing nothing at all. =_= I could've done so much work on my art. Tomorrow (yes, Christmas day) is when I officially begin to start studying, according to my revision schedule. I still haven't finish my art coursework yet. Everything is due in by mid-February, to be handed in for a real GCSE grade. If I fail to do this, I will get a low grade which would result in my ambition to become an architect, my future and my life to be completely destroyed. Two months may sound like a lot of time to do a crapload of drawings, evaluations and research, but I have January completely occupied with exams.

But now that I'm typing this and thinking it all through, I think maybe I don't need to be as stressed as I'm feeling right now. I have a week of holiday right before the deadline, so maybe if I worked really hard during that time, I could hopefully finish everything.

There's seriously so much to learn for Latin though. I have to memorise up to 40 pages of translations and learn hundreds of Latin words. But I've already learnt the words throughout the year so it won't be as bad compared to the people who have been cheating on the weekly vocabulary tests. I just need to get a grip on the grammar and breeze over a couple of words I'm not too sure about.

Brainstorming all the work I need to do in a blog is pretty helpful, actually. I feel like I have a lot less to do - minus all of the learning and memorising, of course!

I better go to sleep now. It is already around 2 AM. Since I probably won't be blogging tomorrow, Merry Christmas to anyone who's reading this! c:

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one who gets deeply depressed during holidays :/

    ReplyDelete