Sunday 26 February 2012

My dad's having an affair.

I swear that my life is destined to have drama.

First I rant about schoolwork, family issues, friendship problems, and now this (I guess it ties closely with family issues, but this is between my parents rather than me personally).

So yes, there you have it. I only found out this afternoon when my mom told me. I'd post more on the details but I wouldn't want my dad reading this somehow. Anyway, is this why my dad has been treating my mom so badly? Because he decided he could throw her away because he found someone else? Or because he wants a divorce but doesn't want to initiate it? I really don't know.

I'm not upset about this, actually, and neither is my mom. On the contrary, we both found it quite funny. I mean, imagine a man in his 50s and he's still able to 'get some' with a woman 20 years younger? Pretty admirable, if you ask me, but also scandalous.

It's a good thing my dad found someone else though. Like my previous entry, my mom talks to me about divorce a lot. I knew that I would choose to live with my mom because of my dad's bipolar and unpredictable personality, but this made me feel uneasy. My dad would be all alone by himself. He'd have to cope with being alone for the rest of his life.

But now that he has another woman, he can just move in with her once my parents divorce. I wouldn't have to feel guilty or worry about how he's getting along. Besides, it's not like I'd never see my dad again if they do separate. We could still talk to each other on the phone, call each other on Skype, arrange to meet, etc. It would really make not that much of a difference, apart from the fact that everyone would be happier.

Everything seems to be working out in my personal life so far. I feel like I'm a step closer to finding happiness. I just need to do well academically, get a decent job, find true friends and find someone who loves me. I don't care about being wealthy (of course, having lots of money is nice but it's not necessary) - just enough to get by would be okay. Life would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment