Thursday 9 February 2012

Relaxation!

Now with most of my exams out of the way, I'm finally able to relax (at least, for a while)! I still have a lot of art coursework to do, but let's put that aside for now.

Today I had another one of those stupid mini 'arguments' with my 'best friend' because she kept clutching on to the fact that she's always right. People should stop pretending to be something they're not. Anyway, this was what happened:

Me: Your shirt is really similar to (insert a classmate's name)! :o
Friend: *asking another random girl* Is she wearing the same shirt as me?
Random: Nah, she's wearing a sweater. Yours is a cardigan.
Friend: *to me* HAHA! They're not the same shirts!
Me: I didn't say they were the same shirts. I said they were similar.
Friend: Oh. (pause) I didn't say that you said they were the same.
Me: But you said "haha". -_-
Friend: Yeah but I didn't say you said they were the same shirts.

I know that it's probably just a trivial disagreement, but it's ridiculous how she's twisting her words to make herself seem like the one who's right. All she had to say was "Oh okay", then we could just forget about it and carry on with another topic. But no, she just had to drag it on.

A few days ago, there was another girl in my class who was talking to my 'best friend' about some maths project they had to do. The girl was asking my 'best friend' for help, but she wasn't really helping her much at all. Then the girl got really stressed out from the project and started crying, then she left the room. She had only left the room for less than a second, and my 'best friend' started laughing at her with other people, saying that the girl wasn't even trying and just sat there complaining about the work.

I really hate how the girl has no idea what my 'best friend' is really like, and I really hate how my 'best friend' badmouths people behind their backs - especially when they did nothing wrong to her.

Once my 'best friend' accused the same girl of copying her designs. The only difference is that my 'best friend' didn't confront her about it and spread rumours behind her back instead. A couple of months ago, my 'best friend' did the same thing to another girl, accusing her of copying her designs when she had never even shown her designs to the girl. Yes, I understand how frustrating it is to have something copy your ideas, but is it really necessary to tell everyone behind their backs, and then pretend to be so friendly afterwards?

Ironically, my 'best friend' herself had stolen my ideas numerous times before. It wasn't fair that other people couldn't copy her, yet she could copy mine. She even copied my personality and each tiny habit I had.

I feel like I'm always ranting about my 'best friend'. Seriously, she's done so much that pisses me off. I admit that sometimes she's nice to me. Mostly when she needs me and has nobody else to rely on. :\

1 comment: