Wednesday 8 February 2012

School Updates

I need to learn three pages of French words for a vocabulary test tomorrow. I've copied out all of the words once, so I've probably only rote-learned a small section of it.

I've been ill for the past week and missed a couple of school days. I also have a slight headache right now. x-x

I was supposed to film my fashion advert last Saturday (actually, my 'best friend' was going to film me). I was going to film another one of my friends as my model, but on Friday my 'best friend' decided that she was going to come over to my house the next day, so I didn't have time to ask my model-friend if she's able to come. My mom later told me to cancel the filming because she said it was unreasonable that my 'best friend' wasn't helping me out at all and is only using me as a model for her own advert. I kind of wish I didn't cancel though because it turned out my model-friend could come after all.

Today, my 'best friend' pretty much blamed me because she got told off by the teacher for not having filmed yet (I got told off too, but I didn't complain). Our conversation went something like this:

Friend: You could've told me that you couldn't film on Saturday.
Me: I did.
Friend: Yeah but you could've told me earlier and we could've done it on Sunday.
Me: I have tuition on Sunday, so I wouldn't have been able to do Sunday either.
Friend: Yeah but we could've done it on another day.

What "another day"? There's only two days in a weekend - Saturday and Sunday. My 'best friend' wasn't even willing to film after school on a weekday. At first I was thinking of making her my model instead when I didn't know my original model-friend was coming, but my 'best friend' just refused to dress up and put on makeup (I even offered to put on makeup for her). It's not fair if my advert ends up looking unprofessional and amateur just because she doesn't want to put some time into her presentation.

I really don't think my 'best friend' has the right to complain when she's not even contributing to me or my model-friend's adverts. We could've filmed without her and it would've made no difference, except that it would take less time. My 'best friend' was also being really inconsiderate and wanted to split the filming into two days - one day to film hers, and another day for me and my model-friend to do each other's. My model-friend would have had to come over to my place twice (she lives quite far away), which wouldn't be fair on her especially since she's modeling for my 'best friend' too.

*SIGH*

I got my school report back today. It wasn't great, to be honest. I keep getting Bs in English, but I don't understand how to improve or what I did wrong. I thought I did much better in my English language essay (which was basically analysing articles) compared to last year, but I still got a similar score for some reason. I'd been taking English tuitions the last couple of months, and I really think that my writing style has improved and my tone sounds much more mature, so I don't get why my grade was still the same as last year.

Anyway, I better go back to learning my French now.

No comments:

Post a Comment