Saturday 24 September 2011

School Updates

Not a very interesting title, but I think that's what this post is mainly about. XD

I have a 4-hour long English controlled assessment exam on Monday. I still haven't prepared my notes yet. I do pretty well on controlled assessments (my essays are normally A-grade standards :D), but it's the exams that don't tell you the essay title until you sit down in silence in a massive hall that I fail at. And I suck at analysing newspaper articles and stuff like that. x_x I prefer poems where you can interpret the words artistically and symbolically.

Oh and my 'best friend' called me stupid at school the other day. I could tell she wasn't joking because of the way she said it - sort of quietly, like she knows that she was saying something rude. She's the real stupid one. She can't do something as simple as 7th grade maths (we were in 10th grade back then), which just consists of finding the nth term of basic number sequences, easy calculations, etc. She was trying to teach a 7th grader the questions she got wrong on a test paper too. I had to help my 'best friend' at least four times, and she didn't even thank me.

Okay, I know that not everyone's good at maths, but she was being so arrogant and rude about it. I sat with her as she taught the 7th grader, and when she got confused, she turned to me to silently ask for help. While I was in the middle of explaining the question, she just interrupts and repeated everything I said, as if she was trying to prove to the 7th grader that she didn't need any help at all. If she had let my finish explaining, the 7th grader could have thought that we were taking turns in helping her, but what my 'best friend' did just made herself look like an idiot.

Yet she still dares to call me stupid. If a genius called me stupid, I would've accepted it. In blunt honesty, I'm a total idiot compared to Albert Einstein (of course) and other gifted people like him. I'm not depressed over it or anything; I'm just facing the truth. But someone who has worse grades than me in almost every single subject, no common sense and a bad attitude has no rights to call me 'stupid'.

Here's the long and boring part - I need to tell you the reason why she called me stupid too. You can skip this paragraph and the next if you want, sine I wrote a summary of the argument. ^^; In my school, we have our own accounts on the computer system where we can save files in our own folders. There are printers that we can use, but the school created a system where you have a total of £5.00 (not real money) at the start of each month on your account to limit your use of the printers. For every black and white A4 page you print, £0.03 gets deducted from your £5.00 and so on. Last year, the cost of everything you print was in multiples of 3, like £0.03, £0.06, etc. So the total of everything you have printed in the entire month should be a multiple of 3 as well, right?

On my 'best friend's account, she had £0.18. I had £0.17. She was like "Haha, I have more money than you!".
So I said, "Why is the difference £0.01? Shouldn't the difference between our money be a multiple of 3, since all of the costs of printing paper is also in a multiple of 3?"
Then she was all like, "Well duh! We didn't print the same things you know!"
I said, "I know, but the difference should still be a multiple of 3."
She said, "But isn't the cost to print an A3 paper £0.26 now?? You're the one being weird!!"
After a lot of arguing, she just confused herself and said, "The money we have left should be a multiple of 3, since the cost of everything is in a multiple of 3!"
And I said, "Exactly, so how come the different between us £0.01? Like I said, it should be a multiple of 3."
Then she blabbed on about nonsense and explaining my own point, then declared that I was 'stupid'. -_-

So this is a summary of the dumb argument:
  • I was explaining my point.
  • 'Best friend' disagreed and said I was weird.
  • I continue to explain my point.
  • She gets confused and explains my point to me.
  • I agree with her (since it's my point -_-) and said that something must be wrong with the money system.
  • She thinks that my point is her point, and thinks I was disagreeing with her so she calls me 'stupid'.
Oh and guess what? It turned out that I was wrong. The school changed the cost of how much it is to print something, so it is no longer in multiples of 3. But my 'best friend' stole my (wrong) point and then calls me stupid. *facepalm*
It would've been different if she called me stupid while I was incorrectly explaining it, but she agreed with my point, thinking that she was the one who came up with it. Don't ask me how, because I have no frickin' idea. -_-

A lot of stupid things like this has happened before. There was a time when she stole my apple juice box and held it out of my reach while I was trying to take it back, then she squeezed the box by accident and the juice sprayed out of the straw and over her table. Here's the funny thing: She got mad and refused to talk to me. If anything, I should have been the one who was angry since she wasted the money I spent on my juice box.

Stupid?

Very.

No comments:

Post a Comment